- All OCMD students participating in classes and lessons should be registered through OCMD. No monies should be exchanged except through the official payment process. In the event an instructor or student brings an accompanist to a lesson, payments can be made directly to the accompanist.
- A payment for tuition should be made before the first lesson of the quarter. All tuition should be paid before the end of the current quarter. Any unpaid tuition must be paid before the student can register for the next quarter.
- Students registering for individual instruction after the start of the quarter will have their tuition prorated according to the number of weeks remaining in the quarter.
- Students should enroll for classes at the start of each quarter. Students wanting to enroll in a class after the second week may do so with the approval of the class instructor. Class fees will be prorated according to the number of weeks remaining in the quarter.
Registration & Payment Policies
Withdrawal and Refund Policies
- If a student decides to discontinue lessons mid-quarter, credit will be given for lessons not received. The credit may be applied to future lessons or classes taken within one year. The student may be reimbursed at the discretion of OC Music & Dance.
- If a student decides to discontinue a class, tuition will be refunded less a $35 cancellation fee if the cancellation is made within 48 of hours of their first class attendance. After this 48-hour time period, they will forfeit the remaining tuition.
- In the event an instructor is unable to complete their lessons or classes, a refund or credit will be given for any lessons or classes not received.
Attendance Policies and Procedures
- The student should attend all classes and private lessons for which they are registered. If a student is unable to attend a lesson for any reason other than sudden illness or injury or family emergency, their instructor and OC Music & Dance should be contacted at least 24 hours in advance. Although notification of inability to attend a lesson may enable an instructor to use their time more productively, there will be no refunds for missed lessons.
- In the event of sudden illness or injury or a family emergency, the instructor (though not required) may elect to swap your lesson with another student or schedule your lesson at another time when space is available.
- Group class absences that are considered excused, may be made up at the discretion of the instructor.
- When a teacher is absent, the missed lesson or class will be made up during Make-up week. Any lessons or classes missed by the instructor that was not made up will be credited to the student’s account.
- Scholarship students that have unexcused absences from classes or lessons may have their scholarships subject to cancellation.
Illness Policies and Procedures
- An ill student should not attend individual lessons or classes. Observing this policy will help protect all the students and staff at OCMD and promote a healthy environment. The following list is provided as a guide in your decision making.
- Please keep the student home and notify their instructor if they have:
- Fever – 100 or higher
- Eyes/Ears/Nose/Mouth – yellow/green discharge or drainage of ears
- Throat – sore and red/blisters
- Rash/skin sores
- Respiratory – uncontrolled coughing/sneezing or difficulty breathing
- Abdominal Pain – continues for 2 hours or increases in severity
- Vomiting – in last 12 hours
- Loose/watery bowels- in last 12 hours
- Teachers and staff should not come in if they are ill. Students will be contacted and the lesson/class will be rescheduled. If a lesson/class is unable to be rescheduled, the students account will be credited.
- Students/ Parents should not use foul or abusive language. Bullying or teasing of any nature is not tolerated.
- Please walk in the lobby, hallways and classrooms.
- Wear appropriate clothing for classes and lessons – no revealing attire or inappropriate messages.
- No food or drinks in any of the classrooms. We encourage everyone to use our lounge area or café for your snacks and meals.
- No skates, skateboards, bikes etc. are to be used in the building or parking lot area.
- No pets in the building without the consent of OCMD staff.
- No use or possession of alcohol, smoking materials or any illegal drugs of any kind while at OCMD.